Saturday 30 June 2007

Saturday - a bit of rest for the wicked...

It's Saturday, so I had a bit of a lie in and didn't do the horses until 7.30am. Then brekkie with a friend at one of those oldy fashioned cafes with ketchup bottles on the wipe clean tablecloth and all the tabloids to read. Marvelous!

That seemed to use up the whole morning. I usually have a bit of a rest at the weekend - except in the run up to Christmas where if I stop, I can't catch up again! This time of year is great for stock checking and ordering new lines so that's what I'm doing. I'm also stocking my new website. This seems to take ages, but I'm pleased with how its looking and can't wait to be fully open.

I also wrapped a batch of parcels as to me, there is nothing worse than getting to work on Monday morning and climbing the 'parcel mountain' all day. I prefer to do it in batches of a couple of hours everyday, so that Monday isn't horrible. I guess this is a throwback to previous lives where I had to get into the office by 8.15 and have a dreadful meeting on Mondays! this way, my Mondays are stressfree :-)

There is a HUGE spoil of silver tone chain sitting in my stockroom and it's calling me(!) That's my next job - chopping it into batches. I've got this pretty much off pat now. It's quite repetitive, but quicker started, quicker done!

Have a great weekend all!

No comments: