This feminine set is easy to wear and dresses up or down. It's simple and quick to make too.
- Chain nose pliers, flat nose pliers, round nose pliers and cutters
- 1 metre of beading chain
- 7 tiny butterfly dangles
- 14 5mm jump rings
- 1 10mm lobster clasp
- 2 10mm Fimo beads - I used 2 from our wild mix
- 2 earwires
- 2 eye pins
- Cut the chain to fit your neck - the completed necklace will sit just on your collar bone (this is usually about 16"!)
- Attach a 5mm jump ring to each end of the chain
- Attach a lobster clasp to one jump ring
- Try on the necklace and adjust the fit if necessary
- Cut a short length of chain (mine was 21 links long) and attach a jump ring to each end
- Attach one butterfly charm to one jump ring
- Close the lobster clasp and hold the necklace up to locate the central link
- Attach the other jump ring on the end of the butterfly chain to the central link
- Cut a very short length of chain (mine was 3 links long) and attach a jump ring to each end
- Thread a Fimo bead onto an eye pin, trim to size and turn a loop. Attach the loop to the chain length.
- Attach a 5mm jump ring and a butterfly to the eye pin loop
- Count 7 links along the necklace from the butterfly dangle and attach the fimo bead chain
- Cut another piece of chain (mine was 10 links long) and attach the other Fimo bead and butterfly, following the 2 steps above
- Count 7 links along the necklace from the butterfly dangle (opposite direction - see pic!) and attach the fimo bead chain
- Check the fit - the butterfly dangle should drape from the hollow of your throat.
- To make the earrings, cut 2 pieces of chain (mine was 40 links long) and attach a 5mm jump ring to each end.
- Attach a butterfly charm to each end of the chain
- Hook the 15th link onto an earwire
- Repeat for a pair!
If you'd like to receive all the findings and beads you need to make this set for FREE - then place an order over £5 (excluding postage) this weekend at www.madcowbeads.com and we'll send you your free items automatically. Hurry though - this offer ends at midday on Monday October 3rd 2011