Thursday 28 June 2007

Well Here Goes!...

I'm a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to new technology type things... but finally the news of blogging has reached georgieworld. Never mind eh? Better late than never!

My aim is to use this blog as a diary of a bead seller to give you a little insight into the people behind the beads(!) I'd better kick off with the introductions now...

My name is Georgie (you'd never have guessed that!) and I run a home based business selling beads findings and craft items on eBay. This is my fulltime job. The other fulltime jobs I have are looking after my horse and cats - oh and my husband. When I'm not packing beads, writing listings, marketing my site, making jewellery and sourcing new sparkly stuff(!) I enjoy horse riding and compete in dressage.

I have 2 fat ginger cats called Tabby and Corrie and a beautiful horse called Harry who is sadly very ill at the moment. He has an operation on July 11th, so all paws are crossed for that. The cats get very cross because they are not allowed into my sparkly bead room. They sit outside meowing when I go in to pack parcels!

I'm married with no kids. My husband is a farrier, so that's quite lucky for me as the horsey gets free shoes. He has his own website now: www.troythefarrier.com I've dragged him kicking and screaming into the 21st century! He has email and everything :-) he's staying with friends in Texas at the moment, so I have a little peace(!) .. not really!

What did I do today? Well aside from all that parcel wrapping, I did some work on my new website www.madcowbeads.com - it's not completely stocked yet, it's a work in progress - a little each day so I can make sure it looks nice and works properly. I also took some photos of a new batch of pewter charms ready to list. They're very funky - I think you'll like them, well... I like them!

I ran to catch the last post and arrived with my sack at our little local Post Office at 4.59pm - talk about leaving it a bit late. I managed to beat the postie through the door, but sadly, he informs me that tomorrow morning is a postal strike and nothing will go until Saturday. That's very annoying. I hope it doesn't go on too long!

Stock levels are the bane of a bead seller's life, so tomorrow is counting day. I have the problem of selling on eBay, the website and also face to face (a few local ladies pop round and buy their supplies!) so stock control is my biggest hurdle at the moment. I manage to keep a handle on it by frequent recounts, but it does get tedious - I'd much rather be looking for new shiny things to buy!

Anyway, enough from me for today. To keep up to date with this blog, you can subscribe via RSS.

Have a great evening!
Georgie

No comments: