Tuesday 21 May 2013

Brilliant Bronze

Ahoy Folks, how are you?

I have been at the Steampunk Extravaganza in Frome this weekend. There were so many amazing costumes and lots of interesting stalls there.

It got me thinking about Steampunk in general. A visual subculture inspired by Victorian ingenuity with science fiction undertones. Lots of earthy colours like  brown, bronze and copper. Machinery and gears meshed together with beads and gems to create really unique pieces.

At the moment the Steampunk 'Look' is incredibly popular so I created a Pinterest Board on the subject - I just love sharing visual inspiration with you all.


Repinned from Deviant Art - SpaceInvader


I also had a look through the Bead Barn and found this lovely solid Antique Bronze Finish Chain.





It comes in two lengths (20 or 24inch), is finished with a lobster clasp, lead nickel and cadmium free, substantial links and comes in bulk packs. How ideal is that ?

Check them out over here at Mad Cow Beads

I am imagining lovely clustered charm necklaces or elegantly chained collars. I absolutely promise some tutorials will be uploaded soon - I have so many ideas!

What fabulous ideas do you folks have? Please feel free to comment and share them below :)

Harry






No comments: